In just a few hours it will be a new year! The mark of a new year traditionally comes with the reviewing of past goals and the setting of new plans for achievement. I’ve heard it said that a goal now written down is not a goal, but a wish. In efforts of making my goals become reality I’d like to share them here. Maybe with more people seeing what I plan to achieve it will keep me on track.
2012 was a slamming good year for me in writing and illustrating. Over the course of this year I was able to become a freelance illustrator, illustrate three picture books for two great authors, and I was able to write and illustrate three of my own, which I also published. I also edited the first novel in my Dream Keepers series and wrote the second. Although I have not achieved my goal of getting an agent and a contract for The Dream Keeper I will continue in my efforts to see that goal achieved in 2013.
My writing/illustrating goals for 2013:
1. To have my Dream Keeper Series contracted by a traditional publisher.
2. Finish the third book and prequel to the Dream Keeper Series, and finish one other full length book (not a picture book).
3. Market the crap out of my picture books so I can afford to keep illustrating.
4. Be a full time writer/illustrator by the end of the year.
5. Write and illustrate four picture books, two in my ABC series, one in the Bean’s series, and one more fun and fantastic picture book.
6. Obtain more author clients for my freelance illustrating business.
7. Attend more than just one writers conference.
8. Be actively involved in my writers group.
9. Be able to be myself around other authors that intimidate the crap out of me because they are more successful.
10. Share my dreams with the world.
Okay those are my top ten goals for 2013. I’d love to hear what your goals are. I also wanted to share an ABC of achieving your goals/dreams. I came across it about ten years ago and I continue to reflect on it now and then. Enjoy 2013 and make it a year to remember! Best wishes and God bless you!
Avoid negative sources, people, things and habits.
Believe in yourself.
Consider things from every angle.
Enjoy life today, yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come.
Family and friends are hidden treasures; seek them and enjoy their riches.
Give more than you planned to.
Hang on to your dreams.
Ignore those who try to discourage you.
Just do it!
Keep trying no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.
Love yourself first and most.
Make it happen.
Never lie, cheat, or steal, always make a fair deal.
Open your eyes and see things as they really are.
Pray… practice makes perfect.
Quitters never win and winners never quit.
Read, study, and learn about everything important in life.
Take control of your own destiny.
Understand yourself in order to better understand others.
Want it more than anything.
X-cellerate your efforts.
You are unique in all of God's creations, nothing can replace YOU.
Zero in on your target and go for it.