Monday, April 28, 2014

Santa, not just for Christmas

Some may have noticed that I killed out Daddy's Girls Book Reviews blog. It not that we don't enjoy doing the reviews, it's that it so time consuming to run so many blogs all at once. I will be incorporating Daddy's Girls on my website insidemikeysworld.com along with THIS blog by the end of the year. I'll keep you all posted as it all comes together.


I'm a fan of novelty picture books that can be used all year round. Santa's Hobbies, by Daniel Stosich is one of those books. Check out my review:

The girls gave it a 5 Star.

What a fun book for kids! It's cute, clever, and Christmasy. As a parent, I liked the educational 'find and count' the stars. I also liked how the stars represented the "true" meaning of Christmas in a very subtle way. My girls enjoyed seeing all the things that Santa does throughout the year. The text is simple enough for my 5 year old to read and the pictures are downright funny. Our favorite was Santa in the ballet costume. I'd recommend this book to kids of all ages who still believe in Santa. It's a book that doesn't need to read only during Christmas. It is fun to see all the 'other things' this festive man does throughout the rest of the year. We look forward to any other books by Daniel Stosich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please share: