Friday, July 17, 2015

More Summer Reading


Here is some more summer reading that I happy to share.

Song of the Mountain, by Michelle Isenhoff

Narrated by Shae Taylor


I love it when I can sit down and listen to a really great audiobook. This one is a great audiobook to listen to in one sitting or a long car drive. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Below are some questions Audible asked while reviewing the book. I thought I’d share them here, too. This is a series that I will be listening to the rest of.

What made the experience of listening to Song of the Mountain the most enjoyable?
Song of the Mountain is a great story of self-discovery. It is very engaging, haunting at times, and inspiring. I absolutely loved the underlining themes and how Ms. Isenhoff parodies the story of Cane and Able. This is a series I will continue to follow and read!

What was one of the most memorable moments of Song of the Mountain?
Often we are distracted from our true friends by the glimmer of those that appear to be more shiny. Song has one of these moments and his realization of it really stuck with me. I will now be more conscience of the way I act toward others.

Which scene was your favorite?
I really liked the climax but I'm not going to give away any spoilers. You just have to listen to it for yourself. But once you do, you'll agree with me I'm sure!

Was this a book you wanted to listen to all in one sitting?
Yes! And I did listen to it all in one sitting. I believe Shae Taylor offered a wonderful fullness to this story and he and Michelle Isenhoff make a great team.

Any additional comments?
Very few stories leaving me thinking about them after they're done. This one lingers and makes you think. I believe that is the mark of a great storyteller!


Synopsis:
Orphaned at a young age, Song has grown up listening to his grandfather recite legends of the distant past. But it is his own history he seeks to uncover, particularly the events surrounding his parents' deaths. That is a secret closely guarded by his grandfather. Then Song discovers an heirloom that links him to an ancient prophecy. His destiny lies within the old tales he has scorned. Song must follow the path that killed his father.  

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please share: